Dr. Rosenbloom offers food and nutrition consulting services to wide variety of clients. She has worked as an advisor to plan nutrition conferences, strategized with food industry clients to present sound nutrition information to professionals and the public, and has a wide range of contacts within the food and nutrition community to bring depth and breadth to her consulting practice. She is a seasoned speaker, an effective media communicator and experienced professional.
Speaker for Consumer and Professional Audiences
Dr. Rosenbloom is an engaging speaker and has delivered hundreds of presentations to consumer and professional audiences. Here are the topics she enjoys speaking about and a few of the conferences and audiences where she has delivered the presentation:
- Nutrition for young athletes the International Olympic Committee Sports Nutrition Symposium in Lausanne, Switzerland
- Nutrition for female athletes for Fédération Internationale de Football Association conference in Zurich, Switzerland
- Sports nutrition: from research to practice for several state dietetic association conferences
- Who needs dietary supplements? for Food 3000 conference in Prague, Czech Republic
- Low and no-calorie sweeteners for World of Healthy Flavors in St. Helena, California and for Obesity Week in Washington, DC
- How to get the best results from diets: from paleo to gluten-free for American College of Sports Medicine Health & Fitness Summit in Atlanta, Georgia
- Do energy drinks live up to their hype? for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics annual conference in Houston, Texas
- Protein: quality, quantity and timing for athletes for Major League Baseball Professional Trainer’s Association in Washington, DC
- Dietary supplements for sports performance for Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition symposium in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Training workshops for health professionals
In-person workshops ranging from half to full days for professionals on a variety of nutrition topics, including nutrition for older adults, nutrition for active people, and weight loss and weight maintenance strategies. A hands-on approach with participant assessments, quizzes, myths vs facts, and case studies are utilized.
- Nutrition updates and debunking nutrition myths for YMCA Fitness Leaders and Instructors Annual Continuing Education Seminar. An 8-hour workshop covering new and emerging nutrition and fitness research in Atlanta, Georgia.
Dr. Rosenbloom developed and delivered a webinar, “Beyond the headlines: a health professional’s guide to evaluating, understanding and communicating research” to train nurses and other health professionals. Webinar was offered through nurse.com.
Dr. Rosenbloom developed and delivered a webinar for the Healthy Aging dietetic practice group, “The Food-Brain Connection,” with Dr. Elizabeth Johnson, sponsored by the Hass Avocado Board.
Writer for consumer and professional audiences
Dr. Rosenbloom writes for a wide variety of audiences. She has the ability to translate research into informative and engaging articles. She also writes research and technical reports for industry for publication in peer-reviewed journals. Some examples of writing include:
- Monthly online nutrition column for USA Swimming, the national governing body for swimmers
- Regular contributor to Splash Magazine for USA Swimming
- Contributing Editor to Nutrition Today, a journal for health professionals and educators
- Frequent contributor to Food & Nutrition Magazine and Training & Conditioning Magazine
- Educational materials for Gatorade Sports Science Institute
- Professional newsletter articles for health professionals
Dr. Rosenbloom edited the 3rd and 5th edition of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ Sports Nutrition: A Practice Manual for Professionals. The 6th edition is in progress. This publication is considered the “sports nutrition bible” for sports dietitians.
Dr. Rosenbloom was the editor-in-chief of an online Sports Nutrition Care Manual, also for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics from 2011-2015.
Dr. Rosenbloom has also served as guest editor of conference summaries published as journal supplements.
For 5 years, Dr. Rosenbloom wrote a weekly column for Atlanta Journal-Constitution. She also was a frequent nutrition expert for CNN and local Atlanta television stations, as well as a frequent guest on radio. She has conducted media tours and produced audio media shorts.